Wheel , which comes from Latin broken, is a concept with several uses. In this case we are interested in highlighting its meaning as a circle or a gathering of individuals . Press , meanwhile, may refer to set of journalists or publications .
The idea of Press conference refers to the announcement that performs an entity or a personality to bring journalists together and let them know information . This type of event, also known as Press conference , consists of inviting the media to the same space so that everyone has simultaneous access to certain data and then can reproduce it in newspapers, magazines, television programs, radio broadcasts or Internet sites.
Some governments They have the habit of organizing press conferences periodically and systematically. Thus, for example, a president can commit to giving a press conference every Monday at 9 am in a room of the Goverment house . In general, the press conferences begin with some words from the protagonist, who announces what he wanted to spread, and then proceeds to a space for questions by journalists.
Although the press conference is a useful mechanism to communicate information to the society , journalists do not always have the possibility to ask freely. It often happens that the protagonist chooses which journalists to give them the opportunity to participate, leaving others outside . There are even press conferences that do not contemplate the questions, becoming monologues .
The image of a corporation or a public person is of the utmost importance, so any activity that may affect it must be backed by previous research that results in a well-defined action plan . Press conferences are no exception, and that is why there are companies specifically dedicated to offering advice to carry them out successfully. Let's see some useful tips below:
* hold a press conference only in cases where it is considered the best strategy to achieve the objectives. There are other similar tools that may be more appropriate, such as seminars , press releases, corporate presentations and informative lunches;
* must be thought of as a channel for To evacuate doubts specific to the public and to offer you information that is relevant to you. A press conference should never be given with the sole purpose of providing a statement, whether or not it is of interest to journalists, as this can be taken as a waste of time and have a negative impact on the credibility who organizes it;
* in the case of companies, they must be willing to share specific numerical data to those present, as well as news regarding their products and services. It is not beneficial to just expose percentages, as this may raise doubts about the financial situation;
* Lets it data speak for themselves. In other words, a press conference is not the space to say "we are the market leaders", but to offer journalists certain information and give them the opportunity to analyze it to draw their own conclusions;
* avoid by all means technical vocabulary or difficult to understand by the non-specialized public, as well as messages that are too long. If it is not possible to replace a technical term, then its meaning should be clarified immediately;
* it is important to accompany the data of graphic presentations with a direct and easy to read style . In addition, it is recommended to deliver a physical or digital copy of them at the end of the event;
* perhaps the most important advice of all is choose the right spokesperson .