The initials LTE usually used with reference to the English expression Long Term Evolution , which is used in the field of telecommunications . LTE is a standard for the high speed wireless data transmission which represents the evolution of 3G , although without reaching the speed of 4G .
He system was developed by 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP ), a group of telecommunications associations. Thanks to its characteristics, the various antenna technologies can be implemented more simply.
The standard LTE allows users to resort to the Internet protocol (IP ) for data traffic. In this way it provides support to services such as navigation through the Web , online games, voice over IP (VoIP ) and video streaming, for example.
Let's look at some of the characteristics of LTE, several of which could be considered advantages over other communication standards:
* his bandwidth it is "adaptive", that is, it has the capacity to adapt in a range from 1.4 to 20 MHz, through 3, 5, 10 and 15;
* the possibility of working in a large number of different frequency bands;
* compatibility with different technologies of the group 3GPP ;
* the high number of users per cell. Each one is 5 MHz and can contain more than two hundred users;
* High efficiency of the spectrum. Supports multi-antenna application, in addition to the orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) downlink and DFTS-OFDM to the ascendant;
* his latency it's really low, with values like 10 milliseconds for the user plane and 100 for the control plane. The user plane is also known as the "information plane", among other names, and it is the one that transmits user traffic on the network. The control plane, on the other hand, carries signaling traffic;
* through the use of open interfaces, LTE is able to separate both the user and control planes;
* its protocol architecture is simple;
* It can work in conjunction with different systems, such as CDMA2000 , a family of 3G standards that use a scheme of access multiple to carry out its different functions;
* It has a single frequency OFDM network;
* its maximum download speed is 326.5 megabits per second in the case of 4 × 4 antennas and 172.8 megabits per second for 2 × 2 antennas;
* its maximum upload speed is 86.5 megabits per second;
* its operation is perfect in movement if the speed does not exceed 15 km / h, although it can support up to 500 km / h;
* The ideal extension of the cells is 5 kilometers, but it can also measure between 100 and 500 kilometers, with degradations Modest every 30 kilometers.
In spite of all this, its use worldwide found certain limitations due to the limited availability of spectrum and terminals and due to the difficulties for operators to generate profitability.
It is known as LTE filter on the other hand filter to be used in digital terrestrial television reception facilities (DTT ) to avoid interference of this mobile phone standard in the antennas of Uhf .
Name LTE Advanced On the other hand, it responds to a preliminary standard that was intended to improve the LTE. He enrolled at the end of 2009 and intended to exceed the requirements of the International Telecommunications Union , in addition to being compatible with the LTE devices on the market. Among the advantages pursued are the advanced network topology and the combination of low-power nodes with other relay networks.
LTE International Airways Finally, it is the name of an airline of Spain that operated between 1987 and 2008 . When it stopped working, it had a fleet of five planes Airbus A320-200 .