Platform It is a concept with several uses. Usually it is a base that is at a certain height or that which provides support, either physical or symbolic. The most common use of the term virtual , for its part, is linked to what exists in an apparent or simulated way, and not physically.
With these definitions clear, we can get into the concept of virtual platform , which is used in the field of technology . A virtual platform is a system which allows the execution of several applications under the same environment, giving users the possibility to access them through Internet .
This means that, when using a virtual platform, the user must not be in a specific physical space, but only needs to have a connection to the Web that allows you to enter the platform in question and make use of its services.
Virtual platforms are usually used for the education at a distance and try to simulate the same learning conditions that are recorded in a classroom. Although each platform may have different characteristics, it is usual to allow students to interact with each other and with teachers. For this, they have various communication channels, such as chat, forums, etc.
The concept of virtual platform is widely used in teaching Languages from distance; People from anywhere in the world can study their favorite languages without having to make large economic investments, without having to move from their homes and with native teachers (one of the greatest advantages of this educational system).
The permit systems They serve for the efficient management of virtual platforms. The administrator, who is usually the teacher or responsible for the training, can access all the information available on the platform; the students, however, no.
Broadly speaking, virtual teaching platforms are organized as follows:
* he user You must enter the institution's website and choose the curriculum that best suits your needs and possibilities. It is important to highlight that there are certain technical requirements for the platform to work; although it is rare that a student does not have the amount of memory and processor speed needed, they can require him to have a camera or, at least, a microphone;
* Having chosen the desired plan, we proceed to the reservation of the classes. This may vary in each case, but the normal thing is that the lessons are offered in packages of different quantities, with tempting discounts, and that the payment must be made in advance. Some institutions provide a free class or an initial package at a reduced price to test their services before making the final decision;
* The virtual platform not only offers the advantage of not having to mobilize to access it, but also provides great flexibility with respect to lesson schedules. Since teachers are also not forced to leave their homes, it is possible to arrange shifts outside business hours, even during the night, provided that both parties agree;
* classes can take advantage of technologies such as blackboards digital, to give teachers and students the convenience of writing directly with their hands, as they would on a sheet. This is very useful in learning languages with writing systems other than your own;
* through image and sound capture, an environment similar to that of a traditional classroom can be created, in which students establish ties and collaborate to improve their experience;
* after each lesson , teachers usually send their students a summary of the topics seen, so they can review them comfortably.