In Latin That is where the etymological origin of the term is found that we will now proceed to analyze. Specifically, we have to state that it emanates from the word pertinentia, which is composed of two distinct parts: the prefix per-, which can be translated as "completely", and the verb I'll have, which is synonymous with "sustain".
Relevance is the relevant quality . It is an adjective that mentions what belongs or corresponds to something or what comes on purpose . For example: "I think it's a comment without any relevance that only adds more concern", "I don't want to hear things without relevance", "Gomez's proposal demonstrated its relevance in solving one of the company's main problems".
There are different approaches to the notion of relevance. The relevance of the education It is linked to the place of training in the society . Since basic education is considered a human right, the debate revolves around the relevance of higher education in a social context: what knowledge to disseminate, with what objective, how to modify reality from training, etc.
In this sense, we can say that when talking about the relevance of education, reference is being made to the fact that it is necessary, essential and fundamental that is consistent with a series of factors of great relevance for the whole society in general. Specifically, to the following:
• To the Constitution of the country and also to the rest of existing laws and legal regulations.
• To the coherence and convenience with respect to the set of social norms that exist as well as to the needs that exist in that sense.
• It must also take into account what the economic, political and sustainable conditions of the nation are.
• No less relevant with regard to the relevance of education is that it must also take into account that which is currently being lived in a globalized world, with specific needs, in materials such as technology, ICT or culture.
• Likewise, experts in the field of education stress that it is essential that this field is fully in line with the need that exists to live in a place where values such as peace, tolerance or even democracy prevail.
In a similar sense, the relevance of a investigation It is related to the social space where they will integrate the acquired knowledge or the results of a research work.
Relevance, therefore, is the adequacy or sense of something in a given context . This can be understood from simple and everyday examples: bringing a gift to a person whose birthday while a song is sung in his honor is relevant, although such relevance would be voided if the subject's birthday coincides with the death of a relative. It would not be pertinent, therefore, to enter a wake singing and with gifts to greet someone, since such context does not merit such behavior, even when there is a birthday and a tradition of greeting the birthday boy.